In the good old times, the FFII's community shared most of its information on a kwiki, but KWiki is no longer supported by the FFII's server administration team; instead, it has been migrated to Moin, but as read-only. [ffii:kwiki: You can find it here.] Hartmut Pilch has forked out an editable version.
If you want to update an old page, then first find it a new home and name:
If it's information for activists, it should go somewhere in action.ffii.org, as a subpage of the appropriate workgroup or so. For example, if it is web-related, it should probably be under www (as in http://action.ffii.org/www/pagename).
If it's a news item, it should go somewhere under press.ffii.org. See if the press workgroup have instructions about that or ask them.
If it's an opinion paper or so, well, we haven't decided yet. Ask [ffii:listinfo:polis-help polis-help].
If it's something else, ask [ffii:listinfo:polis-help polis-help].
After creating your new page, copy the old page (add "?action=raw" to the URL of the old page to get its wiki text) to the new one and update it. Then ask [ffii:listinfo:polis-help polis-help] for a redirection of the old page to the new one.
- The actual unconverted and now unused kwiki files can be found at /var/lib/kwiki.
- The conversion script is at /var/lib/kwiki/kwiki2moin.
- History is not converted, and there may be bugs. In that case, we fix kwiki2moin and re-run it.
- Redirections should not be made by moin but by apache; otherwise they will be overwritten the next time kwiki2moin runs.
- For more information, see /var/lib/kwiki/README.